Risdon Prison Complex Stage 1 Redevelopment
JMG provided statutory planning services to the Department of Justice for Stage 1 of the Prison Infrastructure Redevelopment Project.
The project followed on from the 2010 Palmer Enquiry, which produced a set of recommendations for improvements to the Risdon Prison Complex. The development proposal comprised the following:
- New 30 cell maximum secuirty accommodation unit;
- New multi purpose recreation hall;
- Extension to existing education and training facilities;
- Extensions to existing recreational facilities; and
- Upgrades to security systems.
JMG’s role in the project was to advise the Project Manager with regards to statutory planning issues and to prepare a planning submission for lodgement with the Clarence City Council.
The development was approved by Council in October 2012.
For additional information on JMG’s town planning services, contact Mat Clark on (03) 62312555 or email email@example.com.