Designed for the performing arts the Farrall Centre encompasses a large 800 seat auditorium, recording rooms and a large foyer. The Assembly Hall is designed with a state of the art energy efficient air handling system to and provides a highly flexible and functional space.
The Auditorium features a timber ‘wave’ ceiling, which incorporates stage lighting and audio-visual speaker systems. This project set a new standard for boutique performance facilities in Tasmania.
JMG undertook all building services engineering aspects of this project including design of specialist lighting, and assisted with the audiovisual requirements.
Engineering features of the Auditorium include:
• High outdoor rates to achieve high occupant comfort, and increased air efficiency through a heat exchanger system
• Dynalite programmable lighting control system for multi-scene lighting selection
• Sophisticated audio-visual system incorporating dedicated biobox and stage facilities designed to recording standard for small to large performances
• Rain water harvesting and storage system
• Integrated design of services pathways (ducts, cables, pipework) with building elements to accommodate spatial constraints.
For additional information on JMG’s building and electrical services, contact Chris Holloway on (03) 62312555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the development of the Friends’ School Farrall Centre, click here.